Preventative Maintenance Recommendations
The following recommendations for preventive maintenance are from the ASA (Automotive Service Association).
Check/replace every 12,000 miles of 12 months under normal use.
Inspect annually, replace every 4 years. Except timing belt which should be replaced every 60,000 miles.
Brake Lining and Pads
Inspect annually (every 24,000 miles), or if there is a brake problem. Replace if worn or contaminated.
24,000 or 2 years.
Fuel Filter (Fuel Injection)
12 months or 15,000 miles.
Inspect annually, replace every 4 years.
5,000 miles or 3 to 6 months, under ideal conditions.
Every oil change.
6,000 to 8,000 miles. Balance as needed.
Spark Plugs and PCV Valve
30,000 miles (unleaded gasoline).
Transmission Fluid Flush
Every 2 years or 30,000 miles.
Every 6 months, more often if traveling over rough road conditions.
Power Steering Flush Service
Power steering systems are well-known for precise steering and excellent handling control. As with all quality machinery, the system needs periodic maintenance. Most importantly, power steering fluid, the life blood of your steering system, is subjected to extreme temperatures and pressure. The result of this pressure and heat is fluid break down, contamination, loss of lubricating properties, and varnish deposits.
Wynn's power steering flush service was designed specifically to keep your steering system running smoothly, responsively and safely.
Used as preventive maintenance it will:
- Remove harmful deposits and impurities from the power steering system
- Reduce power steering system wear and noise
- Condition and revitalize seals and components
- Help prevent hard-steering on cold starts
If you are already experiencing power steering problems, try a Wynn's power steering flush service.
- A Wynn's power steering flush service could postpone or eliminate the need to replace components.
- It will clean, condition, and prepare the entire system for the replacement of worn components.
- It will prevent the same problems from developing again after repairs have been made.
Fuel System Tune-Up
If your vehicle is a 1985 model or newer, it's probably fuel injected. And when fuel-injected systems get dirty, they get expensive. Fuel consumption increases. Engine knock from deposits pushes you to buy more expensive, higher-octane fuel, which often makes knocking worse by causing more deposits. Emissions go up, which could mean a failed emissions test and even more money. So why wait until you have a problem? Ask your Family Car Care mechanic for a Wynn's X-Tend Fuel System Tune-Up. Wynn's unclogs dirty injectors, cleans and lubricates your air intake system, and removes intake valve and combustion chamber deposits. Your vehicle will get better mileage, stop knocking on regular unleaded gas, and run smoother. And you'll pump more money into your pocketbook—where it belongs.
Transmission Flush Service
Did you know that 90 percent of automatic transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination? And that the cost to replace an automatic transmission can be $2,000 or more?
The benefits of transmission flush service:
- Extends transmission fluid life
- Helps smooth rough, hard shifting problems
- Safely removes harmful sludge and varnish deposits
- Removes contaminated fluid from the transmission system
- Helps stop and prevent leaks
- Revitalizes transmission seals and O-rings
Wynn's Transmission Flush Service safely powers away virtually all life-robbing dirty fluid and contaminants, extending the life of your transmission and helping you avoid costly repairs or replacement.